Responsibilities of a board member
The Associationís bylaws provide that no person shall be eligible to become or remain a Board member of the Cooperative who:
- Is not a member and bona fide resident in the area served or to be served by the Cooperative;
- Within five (5) years preceding director candidate nomination was or during service on the Board of Directors is determined to be guilty of a felony;
- Within three years preceding a director candidates nomination was an employee of the Cooperative;
- Is or becomes, or at any time during the five years preceding a director candidates nomination shall have been, employed by a labor union which represents,
or has represented, or has endeavored to represent any employees of the Cooperative;
- Is a grandparent, parent, spouse, co-habitant, child, or grandchild of an employee of the Cooperative;
- Is a person that is a grandparent, parent, spouse, co-habitant, child or grandchild of an incumbent director that is not up for re-election at that time;
- Is in any way employed by or substantially financially interested in an enterprise competing with the Cooperative or any Cooperative- affiliated business;
- Is or becomes the full time employee or agent of, or who is or becomes the full time employer or principal of, another director, or;
- Is absent without cause from three (3) or more regular meetings of the Board of Directors during any twelve (12) month period.
Becoming a director entitles you to the following benefits:
- Monthly Retainer
- Meeting fees
- Limited health insurance benefits
If you are interested in becoming a director, please contact
North Itasca Electric Cooperative Inc.
District 8 Special Meeting
Wednesday Jan. 9, 5-7 p.m.
Marcell Family Center
Return to the January 2019 Issue